Sunday, February 2, 2014

Tasting-Weinkeller Erbach Flonheimer Adelberg Sylvaner


Name- Weinkeller Erbach Flonheimer Adelberg
Variety- Sylvaner
Region- Rheinhessen
Country- Germany
Year- 2010
Price- $4.95

Critics review: "The fruity, mouthwatering wine has a nice acidity-sugar balance and comes form the so called 'Rheinhessen-Switzerland', the hearland of Rheinhessen. It has a floral bouquet and is full of lemon zest, hint of passion fruit, and smells like yellow fruit, lemon-grass and green tea, all wrapped around a pleasant creaminess and a semi-dry profile. The finish is zippy and refreshing. Perfect for party on the deck as it comes in a liter bottle!"

My review:  I was looking forward to trying this wine, but I was unfortunately not impressed. The smell had a lemon-grass scent, but I felt as though it was mixed with too many flavors which didn't match well with one another. On the palate, it was sweet and had flavor that I could not pinpoint. There were floral accents and maybe herbal flavors and scents that were too overpowering. I would describe this wine as too dry for being a white wine. I would pair this with something from the grill, such as grilled chicken.

I tasted this on it's own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment