Sunday, February 9, 2014

Tasting-Fetzer Malbec


Name- Fetzer Malbec
Variety- 100% Malbec
Region- Mendoza
Country- Argentina
Year- 2011
Price- $7.95

Critics review: Delicious Malbec is 100% from Mendoza, Argentina. It has a vibrant red color with violet tones. Subtle and deliciious aromas with an intense mixture of red fruits, plum and cherry jam. On the palate it's juicy and has intense wood-like tannins that make it rustic, yet versatile wine. Long finish.

My review:  I thoroughly enjoyed this wine. It had wonderful berry tones and oak tannins. The scent was very distinct and unique. The earthy taste and wood-like flavor was very interesting. Although it was a bright red hue, the flavor and smell surprised me. Overall, the wine reminded me of drinking something similar to scotch. I would pair this with a juicy steak dinner.

I tasted this on it's own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment